Karnataka School Education invites application for the Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship 2019-20. Last date to apply for the post of SAMAGRA SHIKSHANA KARNATAKA FELLOWSHIP : 18th March, 2019.
How to Apply: Via Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Qualifications: A regular post‐graduate degree (e.g. M.B.A, M.Sc., M. A, PGDM/PGP) or a professional degree (e.g. B. Tech, B.E, LLB, CA) or any other degree in Social sciences or public policy.
Age Limit: Maximum age for applying is 35 years Preferred
Duration of engagement ‐ 2 years with periodic performance reviews.
Primary Location ‐ Bengaluru, Karnataka with travel across the state if required.
Stipend (Per Month) – Rs. 70,000 per month including taxes for the period of the fellowship with a ten
Samagra Shikshana Karnataka (SSK), the integrated scheme of school education, addresses the issues of equity and quality of teaching‐learning in more than 50,000 government schools in the State from pre‐primary to pre‐university levels. The interventions under the scheme include learning enhancements programmes, student & teacher motivation programmes
Who can Apply for Samagra Shikshana Karnataka
- Fellowship experience
- 10‐day orientation on Education perspectives and policy along with 1 week of immersion in the field to understand the grassroots realities of Public education in Karnataka.
- Get an opportunity to work closely in supporting the design, implement and monitoring of policies in the field of school education.
- Working very closely within the various departments and explore opportunities of synergy among them.
- Get mentored by experienced members from the Department of Education
- A regular post‐graduate degree (e.g. M.B.A, M.Sc., M. A, PGDM/PGP) or a professional degree (e.g. B. Tech, B.E, LLB, CA) or any other degree in Social sciences or public policy.
- 3 to 10 years of rich work experience. Candidates with an excellent academic and professional track record are encouraged to apply
- Self‐initiated and ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skill
- Proficiency in English and Kannada is a must
Project Management skills
Working knowledge of policy issues in the Indian Education sector
Experience in data collection and synthesis of multiple data sources
Data analytics and working knowledge of Statistical Packages
Experience in implementing & monitoring Government Schemes/Programs
Responsibilities of the fellows
- Research support for policy discussions, committee meetings and conferences in relation to primary & Secondary Education.
- Creation of policy briefs, reports and project proposals for the department.
- Analysis of proposals from NGOs/private organisations.
- Development of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders of the government.
- Prepare and publish reports on the policies and programs implemented.
- Perform any other administrative or other financial duties required by the vertical assigned.
- Perform any special work or duty which may be entrusted by the Authority.
- Undertake travel to the field for program implementation and monitoring as required.
There is a probationary period of three months’ post which, subject to satisfactory performance, the Fellows are confirmed. The probationary period may be extended if necessary. However, successful completion of the Fellowship does not confer any right on any candidate for any engagement or employment with the Government of Karnataka.
- Selection Process
- The following recruitment process is designed to assess the candidate’s written/verbal communication
- skill, analytical/research ability and interpersonal skills.
- First Shortlist based on CV and Cover Letter.
- Second Shortlist based on policy brief and presentation on a research assignment.
- Final selection based on an in‐person interview with SPD, Samagra Shikshana, Karnataka.
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (including 2‐3 paragraphs on how the Samagra Shikshana Fellowship, aligns to their long term profession at aspirations and resume via E. mail with Subject line.
- “Application for Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship” to email@example.com