- Arrange the following memory types in the decreasing order of their access speed :
(a) registers, cache, hard disk drive, magnetic tape
(b) cache, registers, magnetic tape, hard disk drive
(c) magnetic tape, hard disk drive, registers, cache
(d) magnetic tape, hard disk drive, cache, registers
- The digital computer is based on
(a) Charles Babbage architecture
(b) John von Neumann architecture
(c) Alan Turing architecture
(d) None of the above
- A computer program that manages computer hardware resources is known as
(a) Memory manager
(b) Database management system
(c) Operating system
(d) System software
- Consider the following statements :
- Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks.
- Internet is also called world wide web (www). Identify the correct statement.
(a) Both 1 & 2 statements are wrong.
(b) Both 1 and 2 statements are correct.
(c) Only statement 1 is correct.
(d) Only statement 2 is correct.
- In a hard disk drive, the time needed to move the head to a specific track is called
(a) Seek time
(b) Rotational latency
(c) Reach time
(d) Track Find Time (TFT)
- Identify the correct arrangement of networks in the descending order of their geographic area coverage
(a) LAN, WAN, MAN
(b) WAN, LAN, MAN
(c) LAN, MAN, WAN
(d) WAN, MAN, LAN
- Ethernet is
(a) Local area networking technology
(b) A file storage system
(c) An operating system
(d) A tool for networking computers
- NTFS stands for
(a) Network File System
(b) Nano Technology File System
(c) Non Tamperable File System
(d) New Technology File System
- In the TCP/IP internet protocol suite, TCP is the acronym for
(a) Transfer Control Protocol
(b) Traffic Control Protocol
(c) Transmission Control Protocol
(d) Transaction Control Protocol
- In measuring the size of computer memory, 1 kb is equivalent to
(a) 1024 bytes
(b) 1024 bits
(c) 1056 bits
(d) 1056 bytes
- EEPROM is
(a) Electrically Erasable Primary Read Only Memory
(c) Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
(d) Both (b) and (c)
- Which of the following statements is not true about RAM ?
(a) It is volatile.
(b) It can be accessed randomly.
(c) Memory access is faster than magnetic tape.
(d) Costwise cheaper than magnetic tape.
- A network device that connects a LAN with another LAN or WAN is called
(d) none of the above